Meet our Graduates
What is Roche to you?
To me Roche represents an opportunity. The opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to meet unmet medical needs. The opportunity to work in a challenging and complex environment. The opportunity to reach my career goals.
Describe the culture at Roche?
The culture at Roche is open and supportive.
Tell us about your experience with the Roche Graduate Program?
In the Graduate Program I gained experience in working in a number of departments across the business from Sales and Marketing to Medical and Health Economics. This was both challenging and rewarding. When you work across a number of departments you need to be able to learn quickly, adapt and step out of your comfort zone. I believe that being able to cope and adapt to change in the graduate program is one of the things which has contributed to my success in roles outside of this program. The Graduate Program experience also gave me a unique insight into how Roche operates at different functional levels and enabled me to build relationships and network with colleagues across the business.
What level of responsibility are you given as a graduate?
As a Graduate you have the opportunity to coordinate and lead multiple projects within and across different functions in the business with the guidance from experienced managers.
What type of training, development and support have you received so far?
- One on one coaching with a designated Learning and Development Manager
- Online learning with Medicines Australia
- Support from Functional Managers during rotations
- Development Programs, such as Presentation Skills and Advanced Selling skills.
- External programs such as Critical Appraisal of Clinical Evidence
What have been some of your highlights in your time as a graduate at Roche?
- Leading the Development and Implementation of a patient support program for an oncology product.
- Attending National Conference at Alice Springs
- Working to increase Hepatitis C treatment rates with the sales team.
Roche’s core values are Integrity/Courage/Passion. What do they mean to you in your current role?
Integrity, Courage and Passion are incredibly important to my role as a sales representative. To me these values mean standing up for what you believe in, doing what you know is right, treating customers and colleagues the way you would like to be treated and executing sales and marketing strategies with vigour and enthusiasm.