Job ID: 2956971210
Biomarker Workflow / Bioinformatics Analyst
Who we are
At Roche, 85,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche’s largest sites, over 9,500 people from approximately 90 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland — a great place to live and work.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with scientists, internal IT specialists, QA representatives and software companies
- Analyze scientific workflows and processes and integrate them into a high performance business workflow landscape
- Collect methodically user requirements with cross-functional scientists; manage change for new and existing systems and provide input for risk analysis activities
- Manage efficiently the development of computer information systems projects and technical activities to satisfy information and data processing needs of the business function and regulatory environment
- Adjust existing informatics workflows to the ever changing needs of a highly agile scientific stakeholder community
- Support business in local and global computerized system validation (CSV) activities
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
A Master degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or relevant discipline is required, a corresponding PhD degree is beneficial along with a minimum of 4 years in Informatics project management; having managed medium size global projects and enabling & supporting various global scientific workflows – ideally for various pharmaceutical companies.
- Substantial experience working within the areas of Genetics & Genomics and Proteomics is required. Experience in global scientific information architecture is a strong advantage
- Strong Software Architecture and Design skills, from small components and services to large-scale global systems and of scientific business processes (workflows)
- Coding expertise in .NET (maintenance) and JAVA (new development) are required
- Practical knowledge of LIMS frameworks in a scientific environment, and ideally also of data analysis and reporting tools along with sound knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Computer System Validation (CSV) and their application in Informatics are required
- Practical experience in Mass Spectrometry is highly relevant
- Substantial knowledge and practice of cross functional project management (ideally certified), as well as a track record of successful software application implementations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), problem solving skills and fluency in English are required. German and/or French is an advantage
- Experience in managing organizational change and supporting high performance scientific environments
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.Apply online