Job ID: 00410674
International Product Manager, Senior
Who we are
At Roche, 82,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
In this position you will generate business cases for new products, monitor and market a large portfolio of products in terms of revenue and number of products, provide leadership to a team of direct reports for activites such as business development, portfolio roadmapping, product/brand management, product launch, advertising, public relations, market research, forecasting, and/or product strategy implementation to achieve market objectives. Developing annual marketing plans and translating them into operational and profit plans to achieve and/or enable market growth and objectives are key to this position.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of external and internal customers in affiliate organizations with considerable domestic and international travel as well as having a high sense of urgency to resolve issues efficiently and deliver high quality results.
- Manages the affiliate/region delivery of plans in line with the global strategy. Leads communication on activities to affiliates.
- Supervises the implementation of the global marketing strategy through the affiliate companies.
- Provides high level support and guidance to the affiliate companies on product issues.
- Develps marketing deliverables for product commercialization and leads development of product labeling required for development, initial launch and national launch.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams, including product development to enhance exisiting product (s) or product line (s).
- Leads the development of marketing tools and activities (e.g. brochures, training manuals, slide decks, internet/intranet sites and other e-media, branding guidelines, satellite symposia, posters, and stand alone meetings).
- Leads branding development/evolution process.
- Leads printing and distribution of publications supporting the product key messages.
- Oversees market research and maintains up to date knowledge of the global market for the product area.
- Manages competitor activity and recommends action.
- Leads strong team spirit and takes motivates IPMs and aIPMs to be ‘product champion’.
- Cultivates and develops Key Opinion Leaders, product advocates, speakers.
- Manages international marketing budget.
- Provides high level input into public relations and economics strategy.
- Manages events in terms of congresses and stand alone meetings.
- Assists IBL with Business strategy, positioning, branding guideline, and core messages.
- May have direct management over a team of marketing professionals.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Five (5) - Eight (8) years’ experience in sales, marketing, and/or product development in the pharmaceutical, diagnostics or related industry; non-industry experience may be substituted on a 2:1 basis.
- Experience with Product positioning and branding.
- Demonstrated experience translating science into marketing messages.
- Experience managing multiple product launches.
- Experience managing branding, medical education and PR/Communication agencies.
- Budget management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands the sales/marketing relationship.
- Skill in developing and managing primary opinion leaders.
- Knowledge of product development and regulatory processes.
- Skill and ability to to work in cross functional teams.
- Skill in communicating effectively with a diverse population.
- Skill in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Able to apply best practices in managing and motivating teams.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Excellent communication, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Able to think and act across borders.
- Skill in developing people.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply online