Job ID: 00410978
Who we are
At Roche, 82,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
This position may be filled at a Contract Manager or Sr. Contract Manager level.
The Managed Care Contracts Group manages the contracting process from development of an account-centric contract strategy through execution of an agreement. The Contract Manager, Managed Care Contracts develops, drafts, analyzes, negotiates and gains the necessary approvals for the assigned managed care accounts and contracts.
- Works closely with partners in field Account Management across MCCO Channel and Payer Field teams as well as GNE Government Affairs, reviewing customer contract needs, requirements, etc. in alignment with GNE contracting strategies, business objectives, and other contract conditions
- Conducts various analyses and modeling of appropriate contract terms and reviews with key internal partners/stakeholders
- Obtains all appropriate and required internal reviews and approvals for contract terms and provisions
- As needed, supports field Account Management partners in negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Responds to various partner/stakeholder questions, inquiries, requests for clarification, etc. regarding contracts and terms/conditions or other items
- Ensures execution of approved and finalized customer contracts; including timely and accurate hand-off to other internal partners/stakeholders
- Monitors existing customer contracts using approved performance methodologies, tools, etc.; includes identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement
- Helps garner maximum return on investment and customer satisfaction from all contract responsibilities
- Ensures all contract data and information is appropriately entered into relevant systems/databases
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech activities
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
Who you are
In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- Bachelors Degree (general business, managed health care, legal or finance disciplines are preferred)
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
- An average of 3 or more years previous work experience
- 1 or more years previous contract drafting experience
- 1 of more years previous financial analysis experience
- Previous contract development or related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or related industry is preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates etc. in the managed care environment
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is a plus, e.g., product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales, field account management, market planning, strategic planning, market research, market or sales analytics, customer finance, legal, customer service & operations, etc.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives & goals
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply online