Training and Development
As a good employer, Roche offers its employees many opportunities to further their career within the company. We want to attract and retain the best talent in our industry over the long term. Roche firmly believes that it has an obligation to offer its employees ample training and development opportunities.
Specialised and function-specific training
It is in all employees' interest to make sure they are up-to-date with developments in their field. Roche offers a large number of job-specific courses for people working in the laboratory, production or office setting. Some departments, such as IT, the company fire brigade and Safety and Environmental Protection, offer their own supplementary courses.
General personal development
General personal development courses are designed to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge that will help participants to carry out their jobs even more effectively. These courses are open to all Roche employees and cover the following areas:
- Language training
- Courses to provide information in a specific field, e.g. business management for people from other disciplines
- Working methods, e.g. facilitation, Metaplan method and mind mapping
- Communication skills, e.g. verbal and non-verbal
- Working in new structures, e.g. project and process management
- Courses for women, e.g. balancing career and family
- Business skills courses in English, e.g. meetings and discussions in English
Our in-house IT Training Center offers a variety of courses in information technology (IT). The programme is divided into basic and advanced courses and topic-specific modules. The courses are open to all Roche employees and cover the following areas: Windows XP and MS Office; the Internet; databases; methods & projects; SAP R/3; and many more.