Job ID: 00389996
Scientific Database Developer
Who we are
At Roche, 82,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche’s largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland — a great place to live and work.
Scientific Information Systems – Solution Delivery (SIS) is part of Roche’s global Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics (pREDi) Function. SIS designs, develops, builds and delivers innovative integrated scientific informatics solutions and platforms focusing on the data capture, analysis, and visualization of chemical-, biological-, and biomedical- data information and knowledge. You will:
Work with very heterogeneous scientific data (biology, chemistry, genetics, safety & biomedical) from various sources (in-house, commercial and public) created within different domain areas and technologies
Collaborate closely with Roche Scientists and Domain Experts and to discuss their current and future needs to ensure that the end to end design and implementation meets the business requirements
Design, develop and implement efficient and high performing Databases & Data Warehouses solutions mainly based on Oracle technology
Take over Technical Project Manager responsibilities for data centric Projects and provide professional technical, planning and architectural expertise and know-how to Project teams
Contribute and drive the successful implementation, integration and utilization of new future-oriented Technology platforms
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
For this position providing innovative informatics solutions for the global scientific user community, you will bring the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Informatics, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or Ph. D in natural science or life science with strong emphasis on Informatics
- Excellent analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Good software design skills
- Technical skill with computational chemistry , biology, genomics and genetics related applications (data analysis, data mining) and expertise with sharing of chemical and biological data
- Strong knowledge of database concepts (relational and non-relational) and in the design, implementation and management of Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions
- Working experience with Oracle database software and with one or more of the following Oracle technologies; PL/SQL, APEX, BI, XML DB, Semantic, SQL tuning and performance optimization
- Exerienced in Technical Project Management
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process is a clear advantage
- Chemistry, Biology, Medical or Biomedical background preferred
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply online