Program Goals and Scope
Business Perspectives was designed to hire great talent at an early stage in their career, and accelerate their development across geographies & functions, enabling them to be a key contributor to our company’s purpose, and above all a differentiator to patients lives.
Hungry to learn and prepared to work hard, we have a genuine interest in your career path & aspirations. As you display the right mindset & behaviors, we want you to reach your full potential by taking on stretched assignments, participating in pilot projects & doing on-the-job shadowing.
Innovation is at the core of our culture; it is not just the sum of great technology, key acquisitions, smart people and tough decision making. Our company’s corporate culture matches and supports it. Our continued success depends on our ability to replenish our pharma and diagnostics pipeline through further innovation breakthroughs.
The Business Perspectives Program does exactly that: create an environment in which potential & diversity of thinking is leveraged to shape the future of Roche, the future of Healthcare.
Business Perspectives provides participants with a global leadership development program aimed at establishing a broader understanding of the business, build intercultural awareness, experience leadership fundamentals in action, and accelerate their development in order to prepare themselves to potentially move into a critical role. There is a mix of facilitator-led training and simulations, which helps participants to immediately apply what they have learnt. We use the insights we gained at the Assessment Center to understand areas of development for you once you start with the Program. The Leadership Development training you receive will also offer you a great opportunity to network with other participants and leaders from around the globe. Apart from formal training, there are multiple peer coaching opportunities and senior leadership mentoring.
- Excellent academic profile: Degree in business, science, or data science and a postgraduate degree (MBA, PhD, MD, MEng, MSc etc). Ideally a postgraduate degree and an MBA.
- 3-5 years of working experience in the following industries: Pharma, Diagnostics, Biotech, Med Tech, Information Technology (healthcare oriented preferred) or Consulting to Healthcare. Exposure to either commercial roles, or projects related to innovation in digital or advanced analytics technologies for the healthcare industry.
- Worked or studied in more than one country, preferably in a developing region (i.e. APAC, LATAM, MEA).
- Fluent/Bilingual in English, and a second language. Any other language is an asset.
- Global mobility throughout the 2-year rotational program, and afterwards.
- Strong strategic, entrepreneurial and agile mindset, with the ability to think analytically and innovatively. Courageous, curious, creative, and inspired by change/transformation with the capacity to think out of the box when the situation requires flexibility and speed. Ability to continually flex & adapt. Ability to operate in an environment of volatility, uncertainty, chaos, and ambiguity.
- Agile learner with strong leadership potential and a passion to make things happen, who can inspire, motivate & engage others beyond line-management responsibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to culture, diversity and inclusion in the workplace