The Roche Internship in Medicinal Chemistry (RiCH) Programme invites chemistry students to become an integral part of one of our Medicinal Chemistry laboratories in Basel, Switzerland for six months/one year. Medicinal Chemistry is at the heart of the drug discovery process and the successful applicant will synthesise novel molecules for innovative biological targets at one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Who: Passionate & motivated chemistry student who in the 2020-2021 academic year will be in the penultimate or last year of study, at the “Year in Industry” junction of their studies or in a gap year before starting a PhD
- What: Be part of a research laboratory and research team involved in lead generation and/or lead optimisation projects synthesising novel molecules for innovative biological targets
- Duration: 6-12 months
- Location: Roche Innovation Center Basel, Switzerland
- Career benefits: Gain experience in the use of modern organic chemistry synthetic methods and purification technologies through hands-on experience and a dedicated tutorial programme; receive complementary education with an especially tailored tuition program through which you will deepen your understanding in organic and medicinal chemistry and improve your presentation skills
- Financial support: Monthly internship salary, travel expenses, accommodation in a shared house and reimbursed costs for Swiss work permit application
- Academic support: Candidates must provide one academically relevant letter of support upon application