Are you a creative problem solver and a quick learner interested in observational & quantitative research? Do you have passion and curiosity for using healthcare data to drive research and development of novel treatments for patients around the world? Do you want to use complex algorithms to generate insights from a variety of medical datasets? Do you want to start your career at one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, in a team that aims to transform how we use data and advanced analytics to improve care for patients?
Then StarTrack, the programme in Personalised Healthcare (PHC) Data Science, is made for you! You will join the Global PHC Data Science team at Roche in Basel, Switzerland or in Welwyn, United Kingdom for a period of 24 months to work on innovative projects spanning multiple disease areas leveraging large amounts of healthcare data originating from EMRs (Electronic Medical Records), Disease Registries, Clinical Trials, Insurance Claims, Digital Health, Genomics and Imaging. You would be working side by side with other Roche data scientists to help uncover answers to challenging clinical and business questions.
- Duration: 24 months
- Location: Roche Pharmaceuticals in Basel, Switzerland or in Welwyn, United Kingdom
- A structured programme preparing early-in-career graduates for an industry position in Personalised Healthcare (PHC) Data Science
- Opportunities for varied, challenging and innovative projects at different sub-functions in Roche PHC Data Science (e.g. Real-World Data, Advanced Analytics, Digital Health and Imaging).
Outcome and prospects
- Develop a thorough understanding of how healthcare data could be used to generate meaningful insights accelerating research and development of new medicines
- Hands-on experience using real-world evidence in pharmaceutical development, regulatory approval and market access contexts
- Use artificial intelligence and machine learning to solve some of the hardest problems in biomarker discovery, clinical trial design, and outcome research
- Design novel methodologies to combine multi-modal healthdata such as clinical, imaging, omics and digital health originating from clinical trials and other real-world data sources
- Professional development opportunities including presenting your research at conferences and participating in a variety of courses offered by the company
- Opportunities to be involved in all aspects of our work, from conceptualisation of research ideas to study design, programming and analysis, interpretation and dissemination of results through internal presentations or publications
Who you are
- Recent PhD university graduate (you have defended your PhD before your start date or have graduated no more than 18 months prior to starting)
- Graduate of a quantitative data science discipline (e.g. Epidemiology, Statistics, Bioinformatics or Computer Science)
- A degree in any sciences discipline such as Neuroscience, Oncology, Infectious diseases etc., combined with extensive quantitative data experience may also be considered
- Previous experience utilising longitudinal patient-level data preferred
- Statistical programming skills preferred e.g. R, SAS, Python
- Proven history of publications in peer-reviewed journals, and/or abstracts (including presentations) at scientific conferences is a plus
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Good interpersonal and presentational skills
How to apply?
The recruitment cycle for 2021 will start Q1, 2021. You will join the Global PHC Data Science team at Roche in Basel, Switzerland or in Welwyn, United Kingdom.